Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Scars Revealed

So the bandages came off yesterday. I thought I should put up a picture of my new “zipper.” It kinda looks like the cut could just split right back open again, but it seems to be okay for the time being. I have been doing massages and stretches to try to get the tendons back to the point where I can grip stuff again. Sometimes when I think I am grabbing something it just falls out of my hand, since stretching the tendons is already a lot of resistance. So I am going to have to put aside my aspirations of becoming a hand model, unless somebody is looking for a Frankenstein version.

I started training the “new guy” yesterday, my replacement. I am glad they got someone to start, though I am a little frustrated with the way some things have been implemented. They knew this guy was going to start two weeks ago and yet HR never bothered to get his user name, email, or any log in stuff set up. So it makes it so that I can’t do anything when he is doing something and vice versa, the problem is it takes him a lot longer to get stuff done than it does me, so if we have time sensitive tasks he just has to sit back and watch.

We busted out our tent yesterday, it was a little on the stinky side, so hopefully we will be able to get it cleaned up in the next day or so. Candi washed the rain fly in the tub so that part is so fresh and so clean. We are getting ready for our regular 4th of July trip up to Bear Lake. It should be a good trip, as long as we can keep the bugs off.

Well I have to go play some rock band so hope ya’ll have a good evening

6 comments:

ilikewinter said...

I did not know you had a blogger blog. Did I? Well, now I do.

And I didn't know you all take trips to Bear Lake for the 4th. When are you heading out?

Yesterday I had a bunch of stuff fall out of my right hand repeatedly, but I don't think I can blame it on anything but coordination skills (and the lack of them).

ilikewinter said...

WHAT?! I left a comment!!! And it didn't get published!!!! ARRGH!!

ilikewinter said...

oh. Just kidding. Just noticed you have to moderate them first. Freak. Now the world will see what an idiot I am because I didn't know that (if you choose to be so kind as publish my idiocy).

Spencer said...

Yeah my grandparents have a house up there so it is sort of a giant family gathering for fireworks, we like to go up through Evanston so we can pick up fireworks on the way.

Stephanie L. said...

nice! That's totally a Frankenstein hand. Awesome. I hope your 4th was fun!!

Spencer said...

So I had to publish your comments Steph, really I just like seeing that I have a bunch of comments on each entry