Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wait for the End!

Send a JibJab Sendables® eCard Today!

So I suppose I haven’t updated in a bit today I have been surfing the disturbing news stories a bit so I have some stuff to rant on, including but not limited to: political fundraising, home foreclosures, and jibjab.

1st jibjab, just because I am guessing you already watched the video before even reading my post, yep that is Sir Isaac there at the end, awesome ehe? Go ahead and make your own.

2nd Political fundraising is ridiculous; these people have raised more than 200 million dollars, and what for? Just so they can further plaster there images across the web, TV, and various other media outlets. Seems like a massive waste of money to me. Especially since the reason they are spending money at this point is not to increase awareness but to persuade people that they are right.

3rd Housing crisis, what a mess this country has gotten itself into. So in Las Vegas in the month of June (and only the month of June) 1 in 99 homes was sent foreclosure notifications. That seems staggering to me, since it is just one month of a now 6 month slump for the Vegas area. Not to mention that they have said there current downturn has come because construction has slowed, well that means it is going to get even worse because if energy prices (including gas) stay the same then people are going to stop heading down to Sin City, and I am pretty sure the biggest revenue in Vegas comes from tourists.

In other news Candi and I have been working on our basement for the last couple of nights. We got some shelving built in the “mechanical room” and put a whole bunch of crap in there, but now it looks nice. My next project down there is to finish rolling out the carpet and frame the last two walls. It is coming along and I think in the next month or so it is going to look pretty nice. Plus it is nice and cool down there. We really look forward to having the extra space. Finishing the basement will make it so we can move one couch, the TV, the DVDs & CDs, all of our books, and the LoveSacs. That will make room for us to have a dinning room upstairs. I am really looking forward to the idea of having a place to eat dinner; getting a little tired of the coffee table, 4 years is just too much.

2 comments:

Lani said...

That is GREAT!

Megan D. said...

Amen to everything you just ranted about. :) I like Isaac flying across the crowd of people...very rock band. Let's hang out sometime and act like friends, since we live in the same city.