Monday, May 19, 2008

1 out of 7 ain't too bad

Well I made it through my first week of classes, only 6 more to go (for this semester). The last week or two is going to be crazy because that is when Candi is starting classes, and she is taking some intense/insane class that gets over in like 2 weeks but drains every last drop of life right out of you. So far I have enjoyed my classes I have one really off the wall teacher (though he refers to himself as an interlocutor) and another relatively tame yet intriguing teacher. I am taking “The Ethical Leader” (a business ethics course) from the Socratic teacher and “The Language of Strategy” (a strategic management course) from the more traditional teacher. So far I gather that both require extreme amounts of reading so I pretty much will be spending my evenings and weekends reading a lot.

This weekend was pretty fun, we had Natalie, Josh & Cannon down for a visit, it was Natalie’s birthday so Candi made cake and I hung some streamers. Candi and Natalie went to some book signing thing for some weirdo author. So I got left with the two monsters to go get groceries and clean up the house. I didn’t get anything done on any of my projects since I can’t really do much on any of them with the two rug rats. But we did clean house and while we were out getting groceries I saw a model rocket that I just couldn’t resist. Isaac was really excited to shoot it into space; little did we know how much we should have cherished that first shot, since it was also the last. It was fun though and Ike had a good time trying to find it. I think it may have landed on our roof or in one of the trees, I am going to check on the roof tonight but I am not really optimistic. We tried to find a park for like 30 min that we could shoot it off at but there were like 5 billion baseball games going on so they were all occupied. We ended up shooting it off from the empty lot next door to our house, probably not the best idea but… it was fun anyway.

Other random news: my pinewood derby car came in 3rd place, I got a pink tie, Candi and I learned a new game called “Yoink”, The Office season finale had a lot of unexpected surprises, I got a new album from Rosie Thomas that I like, I re-installed all the A/C’s so our house is nice and cool again, Isaac got a new “Tar Shirt” (it has a picture of a guitar on it), the “wind factor” is exponentially greater at about 200 ft, and spray painting is not a good idea for an activity with a 3 year old.

2 comments:

Stephanie L. said...

Wait -- so you have classes the week that we will be in Moab? Crazy. I love having teachers from different ends of the spectrum, it reminds me over taking spanish back in the day and then when I went back to an english-speaking classroom my mind would have to switch gears completely. Ok maybe that doesn't make sense but whatever. Wish I coulda been there for that rocket, I imagine Isaac's reaction was priceless.

Spencer said...

Yep, I am going to have to make a conference call on Mom's birthday for a class presentation, but it should work out okay, I hope. I was planning on getting back into Salt Lake for my Thursday night class but we shall see.