Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Welcome aboard

Welcome to my new blog:

Ground rules:

  1. No weirdo comments, I don’t want the spam comments or the comments from people, I don’t know, that have absolutely nothing to do with their lives except leaving comments on random blogs.
  2. If you are going to read this blog then you must understand that I am a very sarcastic person and writing with sarcasm is very difficult, so just assume that most of the time I am being sarcastic.
  3. Finally keep your expectations low. There is nothing quite as nice as being impressed and the lower you set your expectations of this blog the more likely you are to be impressed.

So now that we have taken care of the official business lets move on to the important stuff.

Recently I haven’t been very good at updating, I wanted to get to a point where I could update weekly but it just hasn’t happened quite like I was hoping. My life is very busy starting today, since I start the first class of my MBA program tonight. Then tomorrow I have my second class then this weekend I have a bunch of Elder’s Quorum assignments, then I have to finish carpeting the basement, then I have a bazillion meetings on Sunday (starting at 7am). I think going back to school will be nice, I am really looking forward to my classes but somewhat dreading the accompanying homework and studying that I know will be necessary. Last night Candi and I went to the Temple; it was really nice since it has been like a year since the last time we were able to go. It gets really hard with the kids and stuff. Then I went and played basketball because I want my whole body to ache and playing basketball is really the best way to accomplish that. Although based on my eventful last weekend I would say a few hours of dodge ball and carpet wrestling can really do the trick too. We had the Elder’s Quorum presidency over for dinner on Sunday (yep even on Mother’s Day), it was really productive. I feel like we can get a lot done and have a lot of work to do.

Candi just completed her first semester of grad school at the U and she got straight A’s. We are so proud of mommy and her hard work. She is substitute teaching a couple of days a week for the time being. She is a favorite sub, she has been called back to the same classrooms several times and Lincoln Elementary really likes her. They even offered her a part time job next school year, teaching music lessons in the early morning. I think it would be awesome for her to be able to use her talents to teach kids, plus it would only be like 4-5 hours a week, so that would be a pretty easy schedule to work around.

Isaac is just as active as ever, he loves riding his “motorcycle” (actually a tricycle) up and down the drive way, and playing outside. He really likes to help when we have our family projects, like the front yard reconstruction or as he likes to call it “digging the dirt”. He and I have been working on a couple of special projects, our Elder’s Quorum is doing a pinewood derby race and he wanted his own car so I started carving his “Shark Car”.

Kaitlyn is just as cute as ever and always finding ways to get into trouble. She really wants to talk, and she does, just not in a language that I am familiar with. She shares Isaac’s passion for the outdoors, she loves going outside and just exploring, she like to play in the dirt and get pulled around in the wagon.

My work life is undergoing a bit of a change right now. I just accepted a position that will change a lot of what I do. I am going to be working with specifically one of the three departments that Americom has. I am going to work with the Outside Plant division, which basically means they do all the work that our company does outside of buildings. They do the directional drilling and trenching, lying pipelines, fiber optics, etc. I am going to be working with the project managers over there to help with scheduling, job costing and stuff like that. I think it will be a lot of fun, and a welcome change of pace. It is going to be a couple month transition so it will be some time before I am completely moved over but I am not really unhappy right now so I’m not in a huge rush.

Only other news that really comes to mind is; there is a Jazz game on tonight that I am probably going to miss all of. I hope they can get a win against the Lakers in LA but I am not really confident, just yet. Otherwise things are pretty much same old, same old.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Welcome to Blogger! Sounds like you guys are as busy as ever with school, work, kids, etc. I don't know how you juggle it all.

HILL HESS said...

I'm glad you're on blogger now. It's fun to be able to check in and see what you're doing! Are you planning on Bear Lake for July 4th? We're flying out- hope we'll see you!

Spencer said...

yep we will be at the Bear Lake Party

Stephanie L. said...

Muahaha join the conformist club. I thought I made the right choice with Wordpress but apparently it's more for developers... Ah well. Blogger is good too.