Friday, May 30, 2008

Vaca - Moab

So we made it back in one piece, sort of. Moab was a ton of fun; we did a couple of trail runs, some hiking, and a jet-boat tour. Only downside(s) my hand is all messed up, and my jeep decided to die on me (though at least it waited until we were done with the trail rides. I also got to change the transmission fluid in the Durango since it overheated towing the jeep down. On the bright side, the food was good, the games were fun, the sights (and weather) were beautiful, and we all got an intense workout on our “race” up to Delicate Arch. We have hiked Delicate probably 7 times now; Ike went the whole way on his feet this time. I would really like to do another hike but we keep going down with new people and they want to see the famous arch. It was pretty intense since I figured the hike should take about 3 hours, at a slow pace for the kids, and we all got to the top within 40 minutes. It made us super early for the Jet-boat tour but it was a nice work out.
We did Fins-N-Things in Slickrock state park and Gemini Bridges. My mom rented a jeep (which Mike drove most of the day), so it was nice to have a second vehicle. I am just hoping to have got Mike infected with the 4 wheelin bug.
In light of the car troubles I am once again thinking about looking to make a change. Though this time it would be fairly dramatic since I am actually considering getting rid of the jeep. Of course I will get it all fixed up and saleable in the next week or two but it would be nice to get one of those 4 door wranglers, and the Rubicon models have come down about 10k since I last looked. I know I just got a “new” car but… I suppose it only makes sense to me. It’s a Walsburg thing

2 comments:

Stephanie L. said...

ohhh. Walsburg. I know what that means. Or do I...? Thanks so much for the awesome adventures. And the transmission thing was sucky but I think you're awesome for figuring it out and knowing how to fix it (and teaching Mike how to do it too). And I'm pretty sure you got him infected because every time he sees a big rocky hill he talks about jeeps. Hm.

Candi Criddle said...

Wallsburg, wink wink nudge nudge.