Monday, January 05, 2009

It's been a while...

So I think it’s been long enough since my last post to justify an update. We had a great Christmas season this year; it was really fun to have all of my siblings out for Christmas. Candi and I also hit our 7th anniversary this year. Amazing she has put up with me for that long. Last Sunday, I went to my mom’s ward with my brother, and the teacher talked about making a top ten for each year, Trevor actually did it I just thought it was a nice idea. But I’ll give it a go anyway.

1. Successfully completed two semesters of my MBA program! Only 4-5 more to go.

2. Transitioned jobs, now I work more on jobs and less on general ledgers

3. Broke my hand, and still had fun

a. Still went four wheelin

b. Dropped and repaired a transmission

c. Had a great time in Moab

4. Started a new blog, not really that monumental but it’s all I got

5. Survived getting robbed

6. The Presidential Election

a. Even though I didn’t vote for Obama I support him as our new president.

b. I got more involved and educated in politics this year than any prior year.

7. Repaired our leaky roof, it didn’t take me all year to complete but…

8. My Elder’s Quorum did a great Sub for Santa project

9. I helped coordinate a Toys-for-Tots program at my office

10. I helped get my Mom all moved in

a. Of course my kids have the ability to wreak havoc on nearly any household, and they proved it by Christmas morning

So those are my top ten accomplishments, now I am hoping this next year can be more productive here’s what I would like to accomplish

1. Finish the home remodel projects

a. Basement – by February

b. Upstairs flooring & cabinets – by May

c. Complete driveway – by August

2. Lose 50lbs, I’ve been carrying my food storage around with me for far too long – by July

3. Read 2 non-school books – by December

a. Book of Mormon

b. Art of War

4. Get a job promotion/raise – by February

5. Take Isaac fishing (at least 4 times) – by November

6. Go to China – by November

7. Go on a date with Candi once a month

4 comments:

Stephanie L. said...

I LOVE how all your resolutions are measurable and have a deadline. That makes them that much more realistic and achievable. That's how we set goals in nursing (i.e., "patient will get out of bed to chair by day 3"). Perfect. And I like your top 10 list.

Spencer said...

Yeah I'm all about the SMART goals
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely

ilikewinter said...

I'll add my stamp of approval to your list, as well. I approve. Good job, go get it done.

Megan D. said...

Good resolutions with reasonable timelines...I like the SMART goals. Going to have to try that out. :)