Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Who robs the house that can't even afford grass?

What a week! Well I am glad that is behind me.

For those of you that may not know this last week was probably one of the worst I have had in quite some time. I think it was really just in a matter of two days that most of the damage was done but anyway…
So we had our house broke into on Wednesday, the thief stole my laptop, Candi’s laptop, the Xbox (including all 4 wireless controllers, and the charger for the controllers but not the power supply), Candi’s iPod, our Safe (which had exactly zero dollars in it but had all of our titles, birth certificates, etc.), $60 in cash from Candi’s mom, and a few other items. It was crappy. The worst part is we lost photos, and work that can never be recovered, guess I learned my lesson (should-a backed up earlier)
Thursday didn’t really get much better; I was at best despondent the whole day at work. I had to keep busy with physical activities; I couldn’t focus working on the computer. On my way home I was driving along in my out-of-body state when I realized I was going like 45 mph in second gear, I think my tach hit about 6k rpms. Which is not good for the ol’ Jeep. Running the engine that high sent a lot of coolant toward the t-stat, which then blew a seal. So by the time I got home I was leaking about a gallon of coolant per hour. After walking in the house, Tom was getting started to work on the basement, and had just turned on my air compressor which then started to smoke from the engine area, not really ever a good sign. I am pretty sure that is toast now but I am going to try to dismantle it and see what I can find in there. Then we started looking at the bids for our badly needed new roof, anybody have a couple grand I can borrow or even better have ;-)

In other news, I have been working on a business plan that I think is really going to be big. I replaced my thermostat & gasket for $12, Tom is doing some good work on our basement, and my new classes start tonight.

7 comments:

HILL HESS said...

That just stinks. Being broken into is such a violating feeling!

Stephanie L. said...

Holy suckiness. What a crappy week. Wow. Well I hope things turn around for you, and at least your family wasn't hurt

Lani said...

I'm so sorry to hear about getting robbed... that really bites! Especially to lose the pictures... that's the suckiest!

Rach said...

oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope things start getting better for you.

Trevor Criddle said...

wow... not the best time you've been having... "when it rains it pours" i guess.


hey! if i can help in anyway while im out there in december i'd love to. i'd actually really like to at least try. i have already learned A LOT about electrical and i am looking into learning more about heating and air conditioning. so i think anything you'd want to get done would help me in some way =P

Trevor Criddle said...

wow... not the best time you've been having... "when it rains it pours" i guess.


hey! if i can help in anyway while im out there in december i'd love to. i'd actually really like to at least try. i have already learned A LOT about electrical and i am looking into learning more about heating and air conditioning. so i think anything you'd want to get done would help me in some way =P

Megan D. said...

Isn't it amazing how everything always manages to happen at once? I'm sorry you had such a crappy couple of days. They are the worst. I hope your new business idea works and that your jeep runs better now and that the really handsome worker you have over there does a good job. :) Hope to see you soon!